Our privacy policies are designed to protect you!
Privacy is important to us!
This notice is intended to explain
How we may collect personal information when you visit, use or interact with us online, and through our ads displayed through online services operated by us or non-affiliated third parties
How we may use or share personal information collected to deliver products and services to you and for advertising purposes
By using this Site, sister sites and Mobile Apps, including but not limited to, Empire Instagram, Facebook and/or any other Empire branded site and/or moblie app you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice. Empire may provide other online interfaces. If you visit or access your accounts from one of these sites or mobile apps, please review the online privacy practices of that site or mobile app to understand how your online personal information may be collected, used and shared.
This Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Notice, we will revise the Last updated date on this page.
Last updated 10/18/2021
Our Online Privacy Practices
We are committed to transparency about your personal information. We ask for your consent when required, otherwise by using our Site and Mobile Apps, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information subject to and consistent with applicable laws and other notices you may have received based on your relationship with us. Linking to other sites we may provide links to non-affiliated third party sites, such as credit bureaus, service providers or merchants. If you follow links to sites not affiliated with or controlled by Empire, Inc, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites and Mobile Apps. Empire, Inc does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness or reliability of their information. By going to those sites you agree Empire, Inc holds no responsibility or liability for any injury and/or out come you encounter. Protecting your personal information To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure personal information remains confidential and secure. In the event of a data breach, we provide timely notification, in accordance with applicable laws. We also recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. Our Sites and Mobile Apps are not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our Sites and Mobile Apps. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. Making sure personal information is accurate Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date is very important. If your personal information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please use the Contact Us at the phone number on the back of your debt card for assistance or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Manage your security
Suggestions That Assist In Protection
Set up optional security alerts so you can add an extra layer of protection to your accounts.
Set a reminder to change your Passcode.
Freeze your debt card when you are not using it.
Review your Online and Mobile sign-in history.
Review you debit financial transactions daily.
Set custom text alerts when you can.
Alerts received as text messages on your mobile access device may incur a charge from your mobile access service provider.
Your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply.
Personal Information Collected
Data allows us to find better ways to serve you!
Personal Information We Collect
How do we collect personal information online?
• Apply for or open a new account;
• Register for a new product or service, or request information about a product or service;
• Complete a survey, contest or sweepstakes or other promotion; or,
• May use aggregation services similar to and/or such as My Portfolio® and My Financial Picture® in order to consolidate your financial account or information at one online location. We may use service providers and vendors to process personal information for business purposes on our behalf. Service providers and vendors are contractually obligated to comply with our policies to protect information we share with them or they collect on our behalf. The personal information we collect is limited to what is required to provide our products or services and to support legal and risk requirements. For additional information, please review the How do we use your personal information section of this Notice. The type of personal information we collect from and about you online will depend on how you interact with us and may include:
• Contact Information such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone and mobile number(s).
• Account Application information such as credit and income information.
• Identifiers such as Social Security number, account number(s), driver’s license number (or comparable) or other information that identifies you for ordinary business purposes.
• Access Authorization such as user name, alias, PIN and Passcode and security questions and answers.
• Information from your computer, smartphone, tablet or other mobile device, such as: ο Unique device identifiers (for example Media Access Control (MAC) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses).
ο Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings. Information about how you use and interact with our Sites and Mobile Apps (for example page visited or links clicked).
ο Responses to advertisements on the Sites and Mobile Apps where we advertise.
ο Log information such as your search and voice to text queries in the mobile app.
ο Search engine referrals. ο Geo-location information with consent, for example ATM or financial center location, fraud prevention).
ο Social media preference.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
How do we use your personal information?
Personal information collected from and about you online described in this Notice may be used for many purposes such as:
• Delivering products and services to you by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); processing applications for products or services such as to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a retirement account, investment account or other financial product; processing transactions; finding nearby ATMs, financial centers, and other specialized location based services near your location; and consolidating your financial account information at one online location with service.
• Personalizing your digital and mobile experience by enhancing overall Sites and Mobile Apps organization and design and analyze data to create relevant alerts, products or services.
• Providing advertising on our Sites and Mobile Apps as well as non-affiliated third party sites and through off-line channels like financial centers, call centers and direct marketing (for example email, mail and phone).
• Detecting and preventing fraud, identify theft and other risks to you and to Empire, Inc.
• Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view.
• Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
• Allowing you to use features within our Sites and Mobile Apps when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access, for example locating an ATM. We retain personal information for a period of time as required by laws and regulations and the necessary business purpose. We securely delete personal information as soon as legally permitted. Empire Bank & Trust may use and disclose information as authorized if required by and in accordance with applicable federal and/or state law.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share the personal information we collect from and about you online described in this Notice (and subject to other legal restrictions and notices you may have received depending on your relationship with us) with:
• Affiliates and Subsidiaries of Empire, Inc
• Service Providers, Vendors and Third Party Providers who have contracts with Empire.
• Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations Aggregated / De-identified information Collected personal information may be aggregated and/or de-identified (we remove any details that identify you personally). We may share this aggregated and/or de-identified information with service providers, vendors and third party providers to help deliver products, services and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for our own business purposes where permissible under applicable laws and regulations. How to limit sharing You have choices regarding the sharing of some personal information. Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your personal information based on your privacy choices. Email request should be sent to Support@EmpireNeobanking.com if unable to restrict such through the online banking portal.
Online Behavioral Advertising
What is Online Behavioral Advertising? Personal information collected from and about you online as described in this Notice is used and shared to deliver advertising and marketing, including prescreened offers of credit, which may be of interest to you.
We may present tailored ads to you:
• On our Sites and Mobile Apps through banner ads and splash ads that appear as your sign on or off of your online accounts • In off-line channels such as financial centers, call centers, and through direct marketing (for example. email, mail, phone)
• On third party sites and mobile apps not affiliated with Empire,Inc.
How we tailor ads to you
• Advertising on our sites, mobile apps and off-line channels such as financial centers, call centers, and through direct marketing (for example email, mail, phone): We may use certain personal information about your activities on our Sites and Mobile Apps, such as pages visited and key words entered, to help determine which of our ads or offers may be of interest to you. We may use personal information about your relationship with us (such as types of accounts, transactional information or the state in which you bank) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
• Advertising on non-affiliated third party sites and mobile apps: Empire, Inc contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use personal information we have collected or that you have provided to assist our non-affiliated third party sites and mobile apps to select bank ads or offers that may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Non-affiliated third party sites and mobile apps are not subject to Empire, Inc Privacy Notices.
How you can opt out of Online Behavioral Advertising?
Empire, Inc advertises to you based on your online behavior. There is no standard for how “do not track” consumer browser settings should work for online advertising purposes. As such, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals from browser settings. However, there are several opt out options available to you:
• Advertising on our Sites and Mobile Apps and off-line channels such as financial centers, call centers, and through direct marketing (for example email, mail, phone): If you prefer we not provide you with tailored content and advertising based on your online behavior with our Sites and Mobile Apps, you may opt out of online behavioral advertising. Please review the important Reminder section that follows.
• Advertising on Non-Affiliated Third Party sites: Empire, Inc participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and uses the Advertising Options Icon on our behavioral ads on non-affiliated third party sites (excluding ads appearing on platforms that do not accept the icon). Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted personal information and we limit the use of personal information by companies that serve our ads. To learn more about ad choices, or to opt out of interest-based advertising with non-affiliated third party sites, visit YourAdChoices powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance or through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt Out Tool. You may also visit the individual sites for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt out-options. Reminder Please note that if you opt out of this advertising:
• You may still receive untailored advertising from Empire, Inc.
• When accessing online account servicing areas (i.e. after sign-in), such as Online Banking, you may receive tailored content and advertising based on your account relationships.
• Financial advisors/Client Managers may continue to use personal information collected online as described in this Notice to provide details on products and services in accordance with account agreements.
• In order for online behavioral advertising opt outs from our Sites and Mobile Apps and on other sites to work on your device, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
• If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access our Sites and Mobile Apps or other sites from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt out again.
• If your browser has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled.
Some companies may offer aggregation websites and services that allow you to consolidate your account information from different sources (such as your accounts with us or with other financial institutions) so that you can view it in one location or perform actions related to your accounts using their services (a “Provider”). To do this, a Provider may request you to authorize access to your Empire, Inc accounts by providing your Empire username and passcode or by providing your information-sharing consent directly to Empire, Inc through your Online Banking account.
• The Provider may access, on your behalf, information about yourself, your Empire relationship, and your accounts at Empire, Inc
• You should use caution and ensure that the Provider has appropriate policies and practices to protect the privacy and security of any personal information you provide or to which they are gaining access.
• Use of your personal information by the Provider is governed by your agreement with them, not by Empire, Inc.
• We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any personal information accessed by any company or person to whom you provide your username and passcode.
• If you share your username and passcode or other information about your accounts with others, we will consider that you have authorized any transaction or action initiated by using the access information you provide.
• If you decide to revoke the authority you have given to a Provider, we strongly recommend that you change your Empire passcode to ensure that the Provider cannot continue to access your account.
• You may be able to revoke your consent for certain Providers through the Security Center within Empire, Inc contact page on the main site www.empireneobanking.com.
Empire, Inc engages with customers on social media platforms such as Facebook®, Instagram®, and LinkedIn®. If you find a site to be suspicious you are to discontinue communication and notify Empire, Inc email@example.com
• When interacting with official Empire social media pages, Empire, Inc privacy notices, Social Media User Terms and Community Guidelines may apply.